In today’s episode of Fibonacci, the Red Olive data podcast, we continue our discussion with Chief Data Officer Robin Hayden. Check out part one if you missed it. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Robin has seen and done it all. In this part, Robin shares:
- What to consider if you are having a data strategy re-think.
- The approaches and technologies that are better than ELT (Extract, Load, Transform).
- Changing your thinking so that you can gain efficiencies and steal a march on your competitors.
- Thinking about data as something that will make the product experience a lot smarter, rather than simply as something you do in reports.
- Integrating machine learning models with products.
- The benefits of focussing a data team on their core competencies.
- Skills people should think about developing if they want to get ahead in the industry.