Welcome to Fibonacci, the Red Olive data podcast. This new, regular podcast is another way for us at Red Olive to help empower businesses to extract the value from the data they hold. We will be talking to different figures within the industry and asking them about the latest trends in AI and big data, getting their take on the issues that matter to them and amassing some hints and tips along the way.
In our first episode, we are joined by Chief Data Officer Robin Hayden. He has worked for over 20 years in the field of data and has a wealth of experience in machine learning, AI, large scale engineering, analytics and product development across various chief data officer roles. He has delivered over 100 machine learning models into production, been responsible for tens of millions in additional revenue and hundreds of millions in spend.
Our wide-ranging chat covers lots of different areas, including:
- How edge computing could lead to several benefits, such as greener computing.
- What the future might look like as products become connected and smarter.
- The crypto space and its relationship to a more democratic sharing of resources.
- Data ethics and how the bias in some algorithms could be an opportunity for civil society to have a conversation about years of discrimination.
- The opportunity offered by the cloud for engineering teams to focus on activities that differentiate their offering from their competition.
- CI/CD as a provider of early, fast, cheap feedback in the development process.