New business development executive, Red Olive
To support the Managing Director in expanding the new business development capability. The work will include:
- Creating a targeted contact list of completely new prospects for an upcoming event and contacting them via email, phone, LinkedIn and so on to assess their interest and persuade them to come along.
- Leading, organising and running campaigns with our partners such as Exasol, Google, WhereScape and others.
- Running webinars and seminars, including learning to carry out basic demonstrations. Following up on attendees, nurturing and developing them into new business sales.
- Attending public events as a delegate, or as a member of the Red Olive stand team. Attracting people to the stand (real or virtual), engaging them and capturing their contact details.
- Following up warm leads provided by the Managing Director: attending some initial meetings together, then quickly switching to lead the development of the written proposal and other follow-up tasks.
- Selling Red Olive’s solutions (see list below) to a wide array of prospective clients.
- Working with members of the consulting team to ensure the proposal can be delivered according to the client expectations and generates profit.
- Within defined commercial boundaries, closing developed business and taking sales orders.
The role reports to the Managing Director, who is responsible for new business development.
Experience and skills we’re looking for
We recognise that the right person for this role may not have previous experience in all the areas listed, so if you have most of these skills we’d be keen to hear from you.
- Experience of working in technical sales (consultancy, software, subscriptions…), with a track record of winning new name business, probably in a business to business setting.
- Confident in contacting people by phone, email or social media.
- Familiar with and proven in solution selling within the UK market.
- Able to write persuasively, concisely and professionally with an excellent grasp of the English Language.
- Shaping the sales proposition to fit the required business benefits and linking these to the deliverables and the methodology.
- Creative, constructing diagrams to supplement business proposals and communicate key ideas clearly.
- On good terms both with prospects and colleagues across the organisation.
- Respectful of colleagues in different roles and able to collaborate across departments.
- Expecting to learn about new solutions and ready to take the sales certifications required to sell products from partners such as Exasol, Google, WhereScape and others.
- A self-starter that has had to learn for themselves how to sell without the backing of a major brand to propel them.
Red Olive as a company
Red Olive is a specialist in data and analytics. Our aim is to help our clients extract value from their data. We are UK headquartered with an international outlook.
We achieve that value through the delivery of business consultancy, the design and delivery of information systems, the sale of subscriptions for our own and third party products and the provision of ongoing support. We aim to really understand the business that our clients are in, to deliver tangible business value in under three months and to operate ethically.
The domains in which we operate are data engineering, data science and data visualisation.
We serve multiple sectors, including insurance, online gaming, subscription media, fast moving consumer goods, property including social housing, and not-for-profit.
You can find out more about us and our clients by browsing this site.
Please submit a CV and cover letter explaining why you believe you are well equipped to help us continue our growth, to: firstname.lastname@example.org