• Are many of your organisation’s reports flat, grey tables of numbers?
• Are you looking for graphical ways to help busy people understand analysis and insights created from data?
• Do you want tips and tricks to help you explore your data in novel ways?
Then invest a day and learn on Red Olive’s Effective Data Visualisation course.
What’s involved with Red Olive Visualisation training?
You will start the day by learning about some well-established psychological principles to help you understand how our minds process visual images. You will then apply these to establish a set of criteria for designing visualisations that are clear, intuitive and that quickly guide the viewer to the right conclusion.
We then do a session where we put those criteria into practice through components of style, single element visualisations, compound visualisations and infographics.
Detailed course notes are provided for this interactive one-day training course. Follow-up support to help you put your learning into practice in the workplace is also available.
This face to face course is led by one of Red Olive’s experienced trainers. Learning is facilitated through individual and group-based exercises.
Each new principle taught is stated, explained and illustrated before delegates then apply it through exercises in which real examples are critiqued.
Following this training, you will be able to:
• State and apply a set of criteria for assessing how effectively a visualisation communicates the data that it represents.
• Choose fonts, colours and visualisation components that business people will understand easily and can absorb quickly.
• Consciously select visualisation types to help you with specific exploration aims
Cost and how to book
This one day, interactive course costs £400+VAT per person. If you book before the 5th March, there is a 10% discount on your booking. If you book a group of 3 or more people, there is a 20% discount available.
A buffet lunch and refreshments are included in this cost. Please inform Becky of any dietary requirements when booking.